Wednesday 30 May 2012

neglected spaces

Yesterday was an amazing Tuesday. I have this weird attitude towards that day. It's such a soulless day. Even newspapers are somehow less interesting. Tuesdays have no passion in them. But yesterday was far from that. By a very fortunate stroke of luck I was able to watch live concert streaming from Sydney Opera House where Imogen Heap presented her songs from the upcoming album she's been working on since March last year. The Heapsongs! She gave an outstanding performance and took me into the spiral of sounds she created. I forgot what a great storyteller she is! The story that stayed vivdly within me was the one of abandoned places that inspired her to write the Heapsong number 3 - Neglected Spaces. The video was illustrated live by Sara Maycock (who is responsible also for Tom Williams and The Boat album's cover).




If you stand up for me, I'll stand up for you.
(...) If you'll take care of me, I'll take care of you.If you be good to me, then I'll be good to you.

Oh... I'm a story in mourning, and you're the author
So pour out your masterpiece.

Entropy increasing, how long before I'm dust?

Can we discuss?

No comments:

Post a Comment